This is our daughter Julia. She is 13 and has a life threatening allergy to peanuts. 1/100 of a peanut could and probably would kill her if she ingested it. She could possibly die if she comes into contact with peanuts because her body sends blood rushing to the area touched by the allergen, causing blood to pool in the area (typically extremities) resulting in a drop in blood pressure and possible stroke.
She is one of the primary reasons we homeschool. Going in to a school situation is risky for her. Honestly, going anywhere is risky.
On Sunday we called 911 after arriving home from our Montana vacation. Julia had touched something with peanut residue at a restaurant on the way home. Within minutes, her fingers, knuckles and hands were swollen and covered with hives. She must have also brushed her lips because they were swelling up, too.
We've been contemplating getting a peanut detection dog for Julia for almost a year now, but there is just no way we can afford it.
Today we decided we just have to ask for help.
Please check out our fundraising site.
Thank you for taking a look and please pray that Julia will be able to raise the money for a guardian angel.
By the way, we are quite certain that the contact happened when she touched something in the bathroom at the restaurant, possibly the bathroom door. Whatever it was, it was small enough to not be visible or smell-able because she is overly scrupulous about what she touches.